POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Rolercoaster-Animation (486KB bu) : Re: Rolercoaster-Animation (486KB bu) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 19:27:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rolercoaster-Animation (486KB bu)
From: Hugo
Date: 3 Apr 2002 16:12:41
Message: <3cab7049@news.povray.org>
> The speed is a little bit to high, and i should think about some
> speed-computations for
> climbing or descending hills, but this does not look easy to me.

Yes the speed is insane.  :o)  But implementing accleration wouldn't be too
hard I think.. Assuming you have a variable for speed / or the distance to
go between each frame, you either increase or decrease this variable
depending if your "car" is moving up or down.. To find out this, simply
extract Y variables for 2 frames, Y1 and Y2.. If Y2 > Y1 then your car is
going up, so you should decrease the speed variable by the amount the car is
going up. Opposite for downwards movement.

See what I mean?  :o)  Explaining is not so easy, but I'm sure of what I
mean.

the 4. time (I'm using Buzz too.)

Regards,
Hugo